Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Do male albino peacock cichlids have eggspots like other peacocks?

I bought two and both have eggspots. They are in a 55 gallon tank with lots of rocks and some plants with four Labidochromis caeruleus. The yellow guys hide all the time. The peacocks swim all over and seem to be getting along. I think the eggspots means they're both males and I'm worried they will eventually attack each other. If that is the case can I buy like four female peacocks or is that too many fish for the tank?

Do male albino peacock cichlids have eggspots like other peacocks?
First, yes the males have eggs spots like other peacocks, so it is likely that you have 2 males.





Adding the 4 females would over load the tank in my opinion. That would only be 10 fish, but peacocks get pretty fair sized and of course all need plenty of space.





MM


No comments:

Post a Comment