Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Black or Dark Substrate for Peacock Eel/Lightly Planted Aquarium?

Can anyone recommend a top layer substrate for my Peacock Eel to be able to burrow through without getting damaged. I have a bottom layer of Eco-Complete (about 2 inches) so no carbonate substrate (crushed coral is out) can be used for the top layer. I looked at the Flora-Max by Caribsea, but while it says burrower safe, it is not safe for soft bellys. To top off the requirements, I would like something that can be planted lightly as well.

Black or Dark Substrate for Peacock Eel/Lightly Planted Aquarium?
the flora max will work fine.
Reply:I have had a spiny Peacock eel for almost 1 year now, and I use dark color gravel (they will bleach out if you use light colored substrate) that you can purchase at any PETS MART. A word of warning Eel's like to dig up any type of plants.


No comments:

Post a Comment